[Lazarus] Lazarus download page

Žilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Fri Nov 12 18:14:06 CET 2010

On 2010-11-12 19:05, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 18:44 +0100, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> 2010/11/10 Joost van der Sluis<joost at cnoc.nl>:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've been playing to build some more user-friendly download page with
>>> installation instructions.
>>>
>>> Before I continue, I would like to know whay you guys find of the basic
>>> idea:
>>>
>>> http://www.lazarussupport.com/tmp/index.psp/Compiler?section2=DownloadWizard
>>>
>>> Note: rest of the site doesn't work with this url. It's only to show the
>>> download-page. Clicking next a few times with the default options will
>>> work. If you select something else strange things might happen...
>> I ignored the instructions and clicked on the title bar of each option
>> and expected it to go to the next page. I expected the triangle to
>> expand and collapse the option.
> How about this:
>
> http://www.lazarussupport.com/tmp/index.psp/Compiler?section2=DownloadWizard
>
> Joost.
My personal opinion: overall - good. But those expandable bars are not
intuitive. Maybe it could be something like: "v Install Lazarus and Free
Pascal, select this >"
where "v Install Lazarus and Free Pascal" part expands information block
and " select this >" part selects it.

What is more, BACK button in my browser does not work (Firefox 3,6)! So
there is no way to go back to select another option.

Regards
Žilvinas Ledas