[Lazarus] Multiple FPC versions for Lazarus 0.9.28.2? - LazarusRevision.PNG (0/1)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 21:36:50 CET 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:18:29 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>>The process you did is the correct one, but it might be that 0.9.28.2
>>can not be compiled by the 2.4.x series. I believe that I've read that
>>you need at least 0.9.28.3 for this...
>
>OK, I bit the bullet and let SVN retrieve the trunk version...

I used this command in a command window:
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus

But now I don't know which version of Lazarus this is...
I am not used to SVN, so how can I find out? I tried making a graph
with TortoiseCVS (see attached picture), but I can't interpret it.
Whhat version is my checked out copy for example?
And how do I find/get the 0.9.28.3 version?

>>I would nevertheless suggest to you to use a development version
>>(0.9.29), because many bugs were fixed in the meantime. Of course you

How do I get that? Or maybe this is exactly what I have downloaded?

>>should install this in a different directory than your 0.9.28.2. ^^
>>Before you start such a snapshot you should also modify the shortcut to
>>that Lazarus version, so that it uses a different configuration path
>>(thus the configuration for your 0.9.28.2 won't be overwritten if you
>>want to go back).

Good idea to override the conf dir.

Bo Berglund