[Lazarus] IDE resets form position to -200

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Tue Nov 16 17:14:17 CET 2010

On 11/16/2010 10:32 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Lee Jenkins wrote:
>

>> I've tried again to write a GUI app with Lazarus and I'm having some problems.
>>
>> First, I have a form where every time I load the project, the IDE resets the
>> form's position to -200. Every time. I've tried changing it, saving the
>> project and cleaning the entire project's directories, but every time I load
>> the project, the form's top position is always set back to -200. Ironically,
>> I've never set to anything like that or moved the form while designing to that
>> position.
>>
>> Secondly, The form consists of 2 panels. One aligned left, the other aligned
>> client. There are a total of 6 TListView's on the form, sited on these panels
>> and the amount of flicker with the app is atrocious. Setting DoubleBuffered to
>> true for the panels helped some, but is still unacceptable to me.
>>
>> Vista32/rev.25961
>>
>> Any hints?
>
> Use less listviews ? I can't imagine why you'd need 6 Listviews ??

Sorry.  Actually there are 3 listviews on the form.  1 on the left aligned panel
and 2 which are sited on a TPageControl on separate Tabsheets.  The TPageControl
is sited on the client aligned Panel.

No worries.  All of my lazarus development has mostly been with non-gui
applications, but against my judgment I figured I'd give lazarus another go for
a GUI app which was a mistake apparently.  The same exact GUI works perfectly
compiled with Delphi.  No flicker, no problems at all.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee