[Lazarus] IDE resets form position to -200

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:50:45 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

>> I hope to have sometime tomorrow to try to catch the root of the
>> problem (Win32/XP). The effect looks like BeginUpdate is not used for
>> insertions or deletions, but used for updates :-?
LJ> Populating the listview is ok for me.  Once they are populated and I minimize
LJ> and then restore the app is where I get all the flicker.

I do not have that problem, minimize/maximize no problem, but I had
found the culprit in my case, it could be or not a "bug", maybe a
windows listview strange thing or a missunderstood by my side.

I had write a little test project and compiled also in Delphi 7. The
test add 6000 entries, updates them, scroll from first to last, and
delete them.

The scroll flickers a bit more in Lazarus than in Delphi. My problem
was the beginupdate/endupdate which many times only one line is
updated/added/deleted and the endupdate forces a repaint which
inserts more flickering than not using them.

--
Best regards,
 José