[Lazarus] When do I need a component rather than a plain object?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:56:33 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-17 01:22, Juha Manninen het geskryf:
> If I understand right it is caused by different widgetsets and themes and
> whatever. There is no change in the actual layout (all controls are anchored)
> but it adds noise to the commit history.

That is a problem indeed (even for non-Lazarus developers, but simply
somebody that wants to send in a patch). I never bothered to research why
it happens though.

Also, what happens if I used 112 dpi (as my X11 server automatically
detected on my work PC) on my desktop, and you use 96dpi hard-coded under
Windows (as it does by default)? My laptop again has 135dpi because it's a
very high resolution screen.

I presume that is what causes all Lazarus IDE dialogs to looks as follows?
Lots and lots of clipping, incorrect positioning of components etc.. See
attached image.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/