[Lazarus] Web Module not works on Linux

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sat Nov 20 22:28:47 CET 2010

On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 21:07 +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, Joost van der Sluis wrote:

> >> Well, you can not use it in a CGI application.
> >> Interfaces is for GUI support. A CGI by definition has no GUI.
> >>
> >> It makes no sense to use it. Why would you need that ?
> >
> > For example to use the streaming mechanisms (lfm, resources)?
>
> You can perfectly use them without the interfaces unit.
> I do it all the time.

I've looked into it again, why this was done. And it is for example
impossible to use an .lrs file without the lResources unit. Now this is
not needed anymore so this might have solved the problem.

> > Compile for the widgetset 'nogui', it's made exactly for this purpose.
>
> I don't know who ever thought of that widgetset, but I
> suspect his brain was taking a short holiday at the time.
> It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Well, without the .lrs files I still have one problem when I omit
lResources from the project. I always get an exception 'resource not
found' for every datamodule, webmodule or webpage in an application. But
thereafter it works. I discovered that this is in debug-mode only. The
exception is catched in a try-except block.

Joost.