[Lazarus] Turn a TGroupBox into a TPanel

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Nov 21 14:17:43 CET 2010

On Friday 19 November 2010 16:34, Alexsander Rosa wrote:
> The "ChildSizing" property allow several nice things with TGroupBox [1],
> congratulations to the team. Under GTK2, the TPanel still have some
> annoying bugs. If we had in TGroupBox a property
> "HideContourLineWhenCaptionIsEmpty" or even "HideContourLine", the
> TGroupBox could replace TPanel in the "poor man's layout manager" role.
>
> [1] http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Autosize_/_Layout

No, we cannot do that since there's no property in GtkFrame to do such thing.
Under gtk2 TPanel is scrolling control because GtkFrame is wrong class  (wrong
gtk design IMO).There should be pure GtkFrame (like it is eg under qt) and
GtkGroupBox (which is current GtkFrame).
Only way to fix this is to write an gtk2lcl class which should be like qt's
QFrame , and of course use that class instead of scolling controls.

zeljko