[Lazarus] Web Module not works on Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 16:38:31 CET 2010

On 21 November 2010 16:34, Michael Van Canneyt  wrote:

>  Procedure TCustomWebApplication.CreateForm(AClass : TComponentClass; out
> Reference);

And in essence, that method should really be renamed, as it can create
any TComponent instance - it doesn't really relate to TForm (or any
forms) in general. The same goes for LCL's Application.CreateForm() -
but the latter will probably stay for that annoying "delphi
compatibility" thing. But the TCustomWebApplication is not a Delphi
clone (as far as I know), so why stick to the crappy method name? Name
is something more appropriate.

> (my personal conclusion: dump the nogui widgetset, it serves no purpose
> except  encourage wrong programming.

I fully agree. It points developers in the wrong direction.

  - Graeme -