[Lazarus] Web Module not works on Linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Nov 22 10:18:04 CET 2010

On 11/20/2010 09:07 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> I don't know who ever thought of that widgetset, but I suspect his
> brain was taking a short holiday at the time.
> It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Unfortunately this is true.

To make it useful for CGI and embedded programs running on small
(ARM-Linux) devices without X, I once tried to extend this Widget Type
to support things like TTimer and inter Thread Messages, but with very
limited success. AFAIK, the FPGUI Widget Tye is on it's way to allow for
this in the near future, by simply not using any GUI controls.

-Michael