[Lazarus] Debugging Lazarus IDE (Package access violation)

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:04:24 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru> wrote:

> 23.11.2010 13:54, Max Vlasov пишет:
>
>  I suppose I should report an issue, but just
>> wondering, is it hard (if it full reproducible) to run another instance
>> of Lazarus and debug it, so the report could contain more information
>> saving the developers' time?
>>

> Nothing difficult. Open lazarus.lpi in lazarus and press Run. Better to
> have RTL compiled with debug info.

Thanks, Paul

Finally it worked although along the way I managed to solve some problems
and set up two instances of Lazarus working at the same comp.

By the way, the bug listed as solved (
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17437) probably still exist. Actually
the makefiles in the folder \components\lazcontrols are the only one that
occasionally contains extra relative up and after that Lazarus down
(../../../Lazarus/lcl instead of ../../lcl), so there's no problem for those
who have the root compilation folder named accordingly and the one who has
it different (mine was LazComp and nearby older lazarus in Lazarus folder,
so I got wrong unit version error since lcl in that folder was
older-compiled). Should I just leave a note there or issue a new bug?

Max Vlasov