[Lazarus] Windows Explorer context menu plug-in with fpc?

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Tue Nov 23 17:27:23 CET 2010

Bo Berglund wrote:

>> Do you donwloaded the zip at url I posted herre yesterday ? You have the
>> complete thread as well as the source project.
>>

> Yes, thanks!
> I also pointed my newsreader to the thirdpartytools.general newsgroup
> at emarcadero and retrieved all available 27000+ messages incl.
> bodies...
> I found the discussion from early 2010 already.
>
> I also downloaded the Delphi/Fpc project in the zipfile, so it is now
> sitting in my PC.
> Next step is to read up on how I can tell Lazarus to compile for
> Windows X64 to get the 64 bit version of the DLL...
> (I'm new to Lazarus)

Just a thought, but I don't think you need to go to all that bother.
The example code on the embarcadero site doesn't seem to require
Lazarus.  It just uses a Windows MessageBox for the dialog in the
example.  I could be wrong but I think a 64 bit FPC compiler is all you
need.

Would you be interested in maybe helping me just a little to make a
64-bit FPC minimal distro that would compile that example code?  I've
been using more Linux and less Windows the past few years so right now I
don't have a 64 bit Windows to test with.