[Lazarus] How to tell lazarus the location of a used package?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:54:23 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 17:34:07 +0100, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Then I don't understand...
>> I have done nothing about the config (since i did not know it
>> existed), so my new SVN version of Lazarus (the fixes branch) should
>> read the same data as the normal lazarus, right?
>> Then the same project opened in both lazarus:es would compile the same
>> way, right?
>> But the original lazarus does not complain about SdpoSerial, but the
>> SVN version does. How come?
>> Is there a dependency on which version of FPC is used? The SVN version
>> also uses the latest *released* FPC version, while the original
>> lazarus uses the FPC delivered in the setup for lazarus on Windows.
>>

>Did you use the pcp parameter as I've suggested you? If so, then you've
>two different configuration directories (which is the saver way
>regarding continued use of the release version - in my opinion).

Spot-on!
I had put the --pcp parameter in the shortcut that starts the lazarus
instances. I now have a config dir inside the program main folder for
each version.
But I copied the data from the original place into both (I think)
first.
Anyway, now I understand what is going on and the package is
recognized.

Thanks!

--
Bo Berglund