[Lazarus] What is a TSQLTransaction and why do I need one?

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Nov 26 15:44:54 CET 2010

On Friday 26 November 2010 15:14, Alexsander Rosa wrote:

> With DBExpress or Zeos this "problem" does no occur. They use the so-called

Zeos ? This is simply NOT true, at least with Zeos 6.6.5.
If you chosen correct tiTransactionIsolation (eg. tiReadCommited) then pgsql
connections automatically opens transactions (so you have "idle in
transaction") for nothing.I've already fixed that for myself, but that's "a
real problem". sqldb have another problem because it opens another connection
for query (so with 100 connections you can have 200 connections because each
client started one query), so must think about it when setting up
postgresql.conf (client connections param).

zeljko