[Lazarus] I desperately need some ideas of reducing edit, compile, debug cycle

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Nov 27 11:01:59 CET 2010

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Max Vlasov wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 1:48 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>       What you may want to do is try and avoid windows when working with Lazarus. Lazarus/FPC still works
>       significantly faster on Linux.
>

> Michael, is it known why it's still so? I mean, apart from os-specific bindings, general i386 code should compile
> identically (loops, searches and so on). Also linker for Windows is rewritten some time ago as long as I remember to be
> fast enough.

I have no idea;
I work almost exclusively with Linux for Lazarus/FPC.
On the rare cases I compile something for windows, I notice that the same project still compiles less fast.
The IDE itself is a good testcase there :-)

But Florian or Jonas should be able to answer this question more precisely.

Michael.