[Lazarus] Loading old project into Lazarus_fixes causes lock-up...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 00:01:59 CET 2010

On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:36:18 +0100, Vincent Snijders
<vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:

>2010/11/28 Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:
>> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:14:32 +0100, Vincent Snijders
>> <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Use lazarus 0.9.29 from trunk.
>>>
>> Like this? I'm not very good at svn:
>>
>> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus
>
>Yes.

Retrieved the trunk version into folder lazarus_trunk (I renamed after
SVN was done, is it possible to redirect the SVN checkout into a
folder of your own choosing?).

Then "make clean all" and fixed a shortcut to start lazarus with the
necessary config redirection.

This time I could load the old project and it compiled fine, but there
were a lot more messages and warnings than in the version I had
before. Some are from compiling synaser.pas and saome from my own
code. The ones from my code actually point to things I need to fix....

One new item (at least I have not seen it before):

There is a small new window named "IDEProgressWindow" that is shown
and I cannot close it. What is the purpose and is it supposed to be
there?

Bo Berglund