[Lazarus] Loading old project into Lazarus_fixes causes lock-up...

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:27:19 CET 2010

On 29.11.2010 16:03, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2010-11-29 13:02, Martin het geskryf:
>>
>> And btw quote: "version or revision". As for revisions it is clearly
>> said that they are not tested at all, so on this part you are absolutely
>> right. But it is not considered a problem.
>
> There was a reason I said "version or revisions". First, a tagged version
> in Lazarus's repository is a moving target (very weird, but that is the way
> Lazarus team works with SubVersion tags). So you can't simply say tag
> 0.9.28.3 and think that points to a specific commit in the repository.

You shouldn't think about 0.9.28.3 as a tag. It's a branch (it isn't
inside the "branch" directory without reason) and thus fixes from trunk
are applied there if the need arises.
If you look at Lazarus' "tag" directory you'll see that the tags don't
contain many fixes after the tagging and even then they seem to be small
ones to get the release stable and worth to be released.

Regards,
Sven