[Lazarus] Loading old project into Lazarus_fixes causes lock-up...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 09:07:20 CET 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:38:40 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:20:29 +0700, Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru> wrote:
>
>>The error means that spdoserial is using LCL but does not has it as a
>>requirement in the package options. Please set LCL as a required package
>>for the sdposeriallaz and the problem should gone.
>>
>If so, why did it work when I used FPC 2.2.4 but not with 2.4.2? Any
>dependency should not change just because I change compiler version,
>right?
>Notice that this is just a standard package that I downloaded in order
>to handle the serial port communications I am working with. I have no
>idea about the inner workings of this package and it worked just fine
>with the old Lazarus/FPC. I have not changed any of its files.

Didn't have to do this...
In fact I re-evaluated the Lazarus configuration and changed a few
remaining paths to point into the correct lazarus version folder.
So not only the fpc paths had to be changed, also the others.
After this the project compiled all right.

Question:
---------
Can one use environment variables in the path specifiers in lazarus
configuration instead of fixed paths?
If so what is the correct syntax?

With environment variables it would be possible to set these in a
lazarus start script before launcing lazarus and then the config would
not have to be changed at all.
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden