[Lazarus] Converting Pascal Client/Server application into Web Client?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Oct 1 13:25:48 CEST 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 10/01/2010 11:04 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> I work with ExtJS and FPC extensively currently. you'll notice that there
>> are ExtDirect support files in FPC: see packages/fcl-web. There are
>> examples
>> available.
>
> Did you try ExtPascal, too ?

Yes. It is a good start and contains some good ideas, but it suffers
from some major design flaws that IMHO prevent it's widespread use.
I don't see the possibility (or the desire from the maintainer) to fix the
flaws.

> Did you get it working with FastCGI ?

I work only with FastCGI, and so does extpascal.

> Did you get "Server Events" working with the means for that ExtJS is said to
> provide (but ExtPascal did not support last time I checked) ?

Not sure what you mean by that. But Fcl-Web supports all you need to work
with ExtJS. I have meanwhile 4 apps up and running.

Michael.