[Lazarus] LazWebData package

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Mon Oct 4 00:05:49 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-03 14:55:03 -0700, ABorka wrote:
> On 10/3/2010 14:31, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> >>
> >>It is in Lazarus, called Lazwebextra
> >
> >Uh, ok. Then, I have to change the references to lazwebdata, in the
> >examples, to lazwebextra?
>
> No, Lazwebextra is just the name of the package you have to install
> in Lazarus to have the additional components installed.
> After installing the package, you can forgot the name lazwebextra
> you will never use it in your code.
>
> Once you've installed the packages weblaz and lazwebextra and
> Lazarus is then recompiled, you can compile those example programs.
>
> BTW, I've already raised this naming confusion issue with the
> developers, hopefully they will standardize the package names with
> the feature names and components. Some different icons for the
> toolbar components would be nice to have also :)
>
> 1. Currently we have package named WEBLAZ that provides us with the
> Lazarus FPWEB components.
>
> 2. We now have a LAZWEBEXTRA package too, that is also part of the
> Lazarus FPWEB components, this is just in a separate package for now
> until the next Lazarus release, theoretically.
>
> 3. We have the FCL-WEB that is part of the FPC's (Free Pascal
> Compiler) FCL (fere component library) that contains all the base
> and non-design time components for web development (fpweb, namely
> the weblaz/lazwebextra packages are based on this)
>
> Confused enough yet? ;)
>
> AB

You are right...but, I have installed LazWebExtra (I can see all the new
components), and when I try to open any of the examples on
fcl-web/examples the project is requiring lazwebdata, just take a look
at the lpi's:

grep -rH "\"lazwebdata\"" *

webdata/demo4/extgrid.lpi:        <PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
webdata/demo2/extgrid.lpi:        <PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
webdata/demo5/extgrid.lpi:        <PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
webdata/demo6/extgrid.lpi:        <PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
webdata/demo3/extgrid.lpi:        <PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>

I've just updated from svn's trunk version.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com