[Lazarus] LazWebData package

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Mon Oct 4 00:40:00 CEST 2010

On 10/3/2010 15:05, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> On 2010-10-03 14:55:03 -0700, ABorka wrote:

>>> Uh, ok. Then, I have to change the references to lazwebdata, in the
>>> examples, to lazwebextra?
>>
>> No, Lazwebextra is just the name of the package you have to install
>> in Lazarus to have the additional components installed.
>> After installing the package, you can forgot the name lazwebextra
>> you will never use it in your code.
>>
>> Once you've installed the packages weblaz and lazwebextra and
>> Lazarus is then recompiled, you can compile those example programs.
>>
>> BTW, I've already raised this naming confusion issue with the
>> developers, hopefully they will standardize the package names with
>> the feature names and components. Some different icons for the
>> toolbar components would be nice to have also :)
>>
>> 1. Currently we have package named WEBLAZ that provides us with the
>> Lazarus FPWEB components.
>>
>> 2. We now have a LAZWEBEXTRA package too, that is also part of the
>> Lazarus FPWEB components, this is just in a separate package for now
>> until the next Lazarus release, theoretically.
>>
>> 3. We have the FCL-WEB that is part of the FPC's (Free Pascal
>> Compiler) FCL (fere component library) that contains all the base
>> and non-design time components for web development (fpweb, namely
>> the weblaz/lazwebextra packages are based on this)
>>
>> Confused enough yet? ;)
>>
>> AB
>
> You are right...but, I have installed LazWebExtra (I can see all the new
> components), and when I try to open any of the examples on
> fcl-web/examples the project is requiring lazwebdata, just take a look
> at the lpi's:
>
> grep -rH "\"lazwebdata\"" *
>
> webdata/demo4/extgrid.lpi:<PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
> webdata/demo2/extgrid.lpi:<PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
> webdata/demo5/extgrid.lpi:<PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
> webdata/demo6/extgrid.lpi:<PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
> webdata/demo3/extgrid.lpi:<PackageName Value="lazwebdata"/>
>

> I've just updated from svn's trunk version.

Ahh yes, I remember now.  That is the old name of that package, I had
the same problem, it seems it was not fixed in the SVN.

All you need to do is just remove that dependency from the project and
it will compile. Just remove lazwebdata from everywhere it is mentioned,
because that is just some leftover.

AB