[Lazarus] GLScene and Lazarus...

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:53:10 CEST 2010

2010/10/4 Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:
> When I look at the README on how to install GLScene I have a problem
> with the following sentences:
>
> Finish the installation:
> * copy "lazarus/components/glscene/globallinks/*.lpl" to
> "lazarus/packager/globallinks/"
> * start lazarus
> * select "Configure installed packages ..." from the "Components" menu
>
> Exactly where am I supposed to copy the *.lpl files? The instructions
> specify only a relative path and I do not believe that the files are
> to be copied within the checked out file set itself.

Yes, it has to be done to the Lazarus directory. lazarus = LazarusDirectory.

> If it is to be done on the actual lazarus installation below
> /usr/lib/lazarus there will be a problem since this location is read
> only.
> But in the case of GLScene it looks like lazarus is fooled into
> already believing that there are GLScene packages to start using....

It is not fooled, it is the proper way to let Lazarus know about
existing packages.

> What is the proper way to do?

The proper way, if you don't have administratpr rights on your
developers PC, is to open all glscene .lpks in Lazarus. Then Lazarus
will store the location for later use.

Vincent