[Lazarus] Build scripts for Freepascal and Lazarus compilation from source

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Oct 4 14:19:23 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Kjow <antispammoni at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/10/3 Joshua Lim <joshua__lim at hotmail.com>:
>> Hi Frank, do you have something for Win32?  Thanks.
>>
>> Frank Church wrote:
>>>
>>> I have posted an article and some code on some bash scripts I have
>>> developed to install FPC and Lazarus from source at
>>> http://devblog.brahmancreations.com/content/build-scripts-for-installing-freepascal-and-lazarus-from-source.
>>>
>>> Any comments and tips are well come.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Church
>
> I made a win 7 batch that install, compile, update everything,
> automatically. Double click on the file is the only action needed.
> I will translate it to linux/ubuntu.
>
> It downloads the svn program, fpc 2.4.0 and latest fpc 2.5.1 (or 2.4.x
> trunk editing a line)/lazarus/GLScene sources...
> Install fpc/lazarus on c:\develop\
>
> Launching it at the start of PC you can choise if you want to update
> or exit (after 10sec it update automatically),
>
> If there is an interest, I can add a page in the official Lazarus wiki.
>
> It works well on both of my PC (desktop and notebook) with Win7, It
> should work with other windows system.

I think is good and I have interest... but you saw this link?
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

This tutorial uses BAT files and it works too.
When I maded this tutorial, I wanted to do more simple I could.

When I did this tutorial, I wanted to do it in the simplest way
possible. So I didn't put the commands for SVN and also did it in
pieces (to make it easier to understand).

Maybe you could post your method on the wiki so that we could evaluate
the pros and cons ... What do you think?

Marcos Douglas