[Lazarus] Build scripts for Freepascal and Lazarus compilation from source

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 09:32:54 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 05 October 2010 05:44:27 Marcos Douglas wrote:
> Yes, we need the original binary to build, but they are here:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_4/install/binw32/

For Windows yes.
There is also an "installation script for Unixy platforms". I am confused with
all these scripts.
 http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/branches/fixes_2_4/install/install.sh

> And the compiler is here:
> ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.4.0/bootstrap/ppc386-win32.zip
>
> The bellow talk about these files:
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalli
> ng_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

There are compilers for other platforms, too. So no other binaries are needed?

A project for this installer should be opened to some repository.
Who would do it? All the scripts can also be collected under this project, and
then a GUI installer.

Juha