[Lazarus] procedure calls with variable sized arrays in parameter list?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:33:04 CEST 2010

On 08.10.2010 23:12, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:23:13 +0200, Reimar Grabowski<reimgrab at web.de>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:55:50 +0200
>> Bo Berglund<bo.berglund at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> But there are a few things I am not familiar with concerning pascal
>>> array handling, which I would like advice for:
>> Topic for the fpc list.
>
> Unfortunately the fpc group on GMANE news server does not allow
> posting. Since I don't have a clever enough mail client for discussion
> email lists (I have MS Outlook 2003) I am using a news client (Agent)
> for this communication, but this then needs to go via the GMANE news
> mirror of the lists. Works fine for the lazarus list but not for fpc.

What about using Thunderbird? Or aren't you allowed to install other
mail clients?

> And I did not realize that pascal is off topic here either. If I
> compare to the borland groups this would be delphi.general as the most
> similar one and for sure you post pascal questions there...

For general Pascal topics, like your Fortran=>Pascal thread the list
fpc-pascal would be more suitable, as it is more related to the language
than to the GUI or the IDE.

> Where do I post questions on stuff like using serial ports with
> Lazarus (or is it maybe with fpc?) or manipulating digital I/O on
> embedded ARM systems via Lazarus?

Your thread about using the serial component should be correct here
(although it is a non visual component it is a component after all).
Manipulating digital I/O is more a non GUI related topic and thus should
be discussed on fpc-pascal.

> Anyway I will take the pascal questions over to Embarcadero.
> Sorry to have caused inconvenience.

I can't talk for others, but at least for me you haven't caused any real
inconvenience. If I realize that a topic moves into a direction that I
don't want to follow anymore (e.g. its getting boring), I just hit "r"
on that thread when new messages arrive and they are all marked as read
and I can concentrate on the interesting threads.

Regards,
Sven