[Lazarus] TThread.WaitFor blocks the main event loop under Linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Oct 11 11:18:14 CEST 2010

  On 10/08/2010 06:40 PM, Luca Olivetti wrote:

> I'm surprised it works under windows: using synchronize and waitfor
> has always been a no-no.

Seemingly Synchronize is not implemented decently in Lazarus (while it
seems to work perfectly as documented with Delphi).

I suppose WaitFor is done with Messages and this seems to be completely
broken for Linux in the latest svn version while it did work in former
versions and seems still to be working with the  Windows Widget Type.

-Michael