[Lazarus] Delphi-Lazarus compatible code including serial port?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:03:53 CEST 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:14:28 +0200, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>  On 10/11/2010 08:21 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Is there any chance at all of getting such a component working
>> cross-platform on Lazarus/FPC? After all the TListView is a Windows
>> MFC object.....
>> I know there is a TListView also in Lazarus, does it sport the same
>> properties and methods/events as the Delphi one does?
>Should at least be very similar...
>> And how do you add a graphics component to Lazarus?
>There is a decent menu system for adding packages / visual components.
>Other than with Delphi all this is based on source code and you need to
>recompile Lazarus to activate the new visual components in the tabs.

So I have to create a new package in Lazarus, then add the sourcefile
to this and compile + install?

Do Lazarus component sourcefiles also have a Register procedure thta
tells Lazarus that it is in fact a component?

I have to get the darn thing through the compilation first of course
and now I have problems with the properties of a TListView in Delphi
being different from those of the Lazarus TListView. The Delphi custom
component is a visual one, a descendant from TListView with built-in
properties and methods/events like ItemIndex, OnItemSelect, sorting
and more.

Right now I have reached error messages because of:
StateIndex and CustomSort. Still struggling...

Bo Berglund