[Lazarus] tooltip debugger shows incorrect data

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 14:53:01 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-13 13:51, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:
> Comparing it to the Borland debugger which is in it's roots 25 years old,

I explicitly compared it with Kylix, which was probably the crappiest
product Borland released in its existence. Yet it still leaves the
FPC+Lazarus solution in the dust.

> Taking into account the small community, FPC/Lazarus do an extremely good job.

Unfortunately it seems neither of those projects can prioritize, or figure
out what is actually important. I would have thought everybody working with
a compiler (that's any type of software developer) would know that a
compiler and debugger go hand-in-hand. So lets just place the blame of no
debugger on the fact that its open-source software, then we can all sleep
better.

PS:
I've just printed out a few articles and specs on DWARF 2 (...or should I
rather be looking at DWARF 3?) Maybe I can contribute something more to
duby, which seems the most far along native object pascal debugger around
for FPC. If any of you have more tips, articles or other internet links on
where/how I can learn about DWARF and debuggers, please let me know. Maybe
I can get something going before I go totally insane.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/