[Lazarus] TListView compatibility Delphi <=> Lazarus?

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 10:03:06 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 13 October 2010 23:22:48 Bo Berglund wrote:
> But the pages I have visited decribing how the compilation of Lazarus
> is done has masses of commands of various kinds including discussions
> on what compiler options are best to use etc etc etc.

Yes, the instructions on wiki pages and elsewhere are messy.
I tried to improve it but it was half-baked, too. It really should be
improved, and a real "click one button" GUI installation program is needed.

Anyway, actually building Lazarus is easy :

1. Install FPC 2.4.x from SourceForge. I guess you have done it already. No
need to build FPC.

2. Get Lazarus trunk using cmd line svn or TortoiseSVN. You have done that,
too, already.

3. "make bigide".

The numerous scripts + a messy wiki page have just confused you instead of
helping. I know the feeling from my own installation experiments.

Juha