[Lazarus] TListView compatibility Delphi <=> Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 11:30:24 CEST 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:03:06 +0300, "Juha Manninen (gmail)"
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday 13 October 2010 23:22:48 Bo Berglund wrote:
>> But the pages I have visited decribing how the compilation of Lazarus
>> is done has masses of commands of various kinds including discussions
>> on what compiler options are best to use etc etc etc.
>
>Yes, the instructions on wiki pages and elsewhere are messy.
>I tried to improve it but it was half-baked, too. It really should be
>improved, and a real "click one button" GUI installation program is needed.
>
>Anyway, actually building Lazarus is easy :
>
>1. Install FPC 2.4.x from SourceForge. I guess you have done it already. No
>need to build FPC.
>
>2. Get Lazarus trunk using cmd line svn or TortoiseSVN. You have done that,
>too, already.
>
>3. "make bigide".
>
>The numerous scripts + a messy wiki page have just confused you instead of
>helping. I know the feeling from my own installation experiments.

Thanks,
I got fpc-2.4.0.i386-win32 released in Dec 2009 from SF.
I also got the combined lazarus-0.9.28.2-fpc-2.2.4-win32 with an
earlier release.
Both are binary installers.

If I run the FPC installer I will get 2.4.0 and if I then run the
Lazarus installer it may or may not install FPC 2.2.4. I hope it will
detect the existing 2.4.0 fpc and *not* use the 2.2.4 version it is
bundled with. But is this the case?

Or does the lazarus installer not check that there is already a newer
FPC on the system and skip the fpc 2.2.4 installation? In that case
ther will be two different FPC versions installed; so which will be
used by any compile command issued?

Unfortunately our firewall does not let svn calls through so I can't
use the svn sources at work...

Bo Berglund