[Lazarus] Installing fpc 2.4.0 on lazarus 0.9.28

Julien Devillers jdevillers at opti-time.com
Fri Oct 15 14:57:29 CEST 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> On 2010-10-14 21:22:59 -0400, waldo kitty wrote:

>>> Nevermind, I found the solution.
>>
>> *the* solution or /a/ solution?
>>

> In this case, I think is *the* solution, because without it, the module
> just don't work.
>
> The problem was that I was missing placing an ExtJSJSONDataFormatter, and a
> ExtJSJsonWebdataInputAdaptor, both linked to the TFPWebProviderDataModule's
> ContentProducer and InputAdaptor properties.
>
> It was easy to find it after I noted there was an "wmdebug" define turned
> off in sqldbwebdata.pp, I turned it on and compiled. When I'd run the code
> again, the Access Violation I was getting was more informative with a
> detailed stacktrace who pointed me to fpwebdata.pp, line 828, where I saw
> the need of a TCustomWebDataInputAdaptor.

Exactly. Glad you found it.

My apologies for not getting back to you earlier, it's been very busy days
lately :(

You also don't need the query component if you use the
TSQLDBWebdataProvider, and definitely do not activate it, it serves no
purpose (but I suspect this is the result of you trying to get it to work).

Attached a screenshot of what it looks like in my browser after I dropped
JSON formatters and input provider on the module - check out the URL I used.
(changed the query and database name of course)

I will change the implementation so it will give a more informative error,
because like this, people will be confused - just like you were.

Michael.