[Lazarus] WebData

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Oct 15 14:24:48 CEST 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> On 2010-10-15 09:38:12 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> Exactly. Glad you found it.
>>
>> My apologies for not getting back to you earlier, it's been very busy days
>> lately :(
>>
>> You also don't need the query component if you use the
>> TSQLDBWebdataProvider, and definitely do not activate it, it serves no
>> purpose (but I suspect this is the result of you trying to get it to work).
>>
>> Attached a screenshot of what it looks like in my browser after I dropped
>> JSON formatters and input provider on the module - check out the URL I used.
>> (changed the query and database name of course)
>>
>> I will change the implementation so it will give a more informative error,
>> because like this, people will be confused - just like you were.
>>
>> Michael.
>
> Thanks, I love this package, it makes so easy to create the server side
> part of ExtJs apps. Until now I had to create the JSon by hand (using
> fcl-json, of course).

That's because I am very lazy, I create components to do the work for me =-)

> After removing the TSqlQuery and TSQLTransaction components from my app,
> a new question came to my mind, in the case of complex inserts/updates
> that involves more than one database table, is it possible to use
> transactions?.

Hm. Not if you use the TSQLDBWebDataProvider. To do that,
you would have to use TSQLSuery and a regular TWebDataProvider,
and hook into the Before/after post events of the TSQLQuery.

But I'm certainly open for suggestions for improvements.

Michael.