[Lazarus] MySQL5.1 and Sum(DataLength(FIELD))

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 02:49:23 CEST 2010

Hello all

So I have a first unit up and running. It is not yet finished and not yet bugfree, but it compiles and I have tested the UTF8 part.

This first tests for ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2 showed a performance gain up to 33% compared to LConvEncoding. It should be much more for Doublebyte codepages.

The main work lies not in LConvEncodingNew (just the working name for now) but in ConverCPFile (in subdir Codepages). ConvertCPFile is an application to read a Codepage to Unicode descrition file (formated as those found on unicode.org) and generate an optimized pascal unit which can be compiled and linked in. There are some possibilities to influence the code generated.

My aim for this prerelease is to get echos and suggestions concerning the direcory structure and the naming conventions. Also comments and suggetions for the choosen strategy are welcome.

Greetings