[Lazarus] lazarus unit test failures: 198 out of 257 fail

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:53:38 CEST 2010

  I started converting a Delphi2006 windows service to lazarus last
week.  My core application converts fine, however, I need to re-do the
portions that rely on the Indy components and the TurboPower XML
partners.   I have lazarus installed in c:\lazarus and is the 32 bit
version running under win7 64 bit.   When I run [F9] my app or even the
apps under \example, the lazarus launches the appropriate application.
When I close down that application, lazarus is completely frozen (like
an invisible modal dialog exists) and only rings a bell when I try to
click on it.  I have to end-task lazarus and since windows still has a
lock on the myapp.exe file, I can no longer compile to that location
until I reboot my computer. (myapp is NOT in the process list).

An ideas of what I can do to develop/test on my win7 machine?  Go to
Lazarus 64 bit?

Thanks
JimG