[Lazarus] TXMLPropstorage not consistently saviing

A.J. Venter aj at outkastsolutions.co.za
Tue Oct 19 11:19:32 CEST 2010

I guess nobody has an answer for me ? :S

I know I've been out of the lazarus scene for a while but I was almost
entirely out of the development scene for a few months (needed a
break) - now I've begun a pretty awesome new project in lazarus so
I'll be quite active again (and since most of my previous projects
ended up with me contributing something to lazarus because I needed a
feature, coded it and submitted it, it's good odds this will happen
again). :P

Lol now it sounds like I'm trying to bribe an answer out - I'm not,
just sorta thought I'd throw in a high-there-I-am-back to the people
who remember me :P

-------

Hi guys,
I'm having a really weird problem with TXMLPropstorage (using lazarus
SVN from Saturday). I actually have some calls to TXMLPropstorage.save
to try and ensure it happens, but apparently it only creates the
config file the very first time it's called. Then if you clean out the
config file, no amount of anything I can come up with will restore it,
or save new/updated settings to it.

For a test I put a writeln into the TXMLPropStorage.OnSaveProperties
event and it claims to be saving, but the file is not created. I don't
want to generate a blank file at startup as I want to be able to test
for the presence of the file and automatically open a settings dialog
if it's not there.
The component is on the settings dialog's form.

There is a deliberate call to "save" in the event handler for the OK
button, and another in the main form's onClose event.

I cannot think what else there may be. Is there some way to force it
to save it's current state at a given moment ? Or at least determine
why it's not doing so already when I call the save method ?

Thanks
A.J.

--
A.J. Venter
Founder and lead developer, Kongoni GNU/Linux