[Lazarus] Smart Cut/Paste Spacing of declared variables and contants...

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:24:51 CEST 2010

  On 20/10/2010 10:49, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I have also concluded that the editor settings "smart tabs" should be
> renamed to "idiot/stupid tabs" instead, because that is exactly what it does!
>

> | symbol denotes cursor pos, and "stupid tabs" enabled, and "auto indent"
> disabled and tab indentation set to 2, tabs set to "spaces".
>

> eg:
>    if Accept then
>    begin|           //<--- cursor pos
>
> .... I press ENTER...
no auto-indent => so you are on the first column => so far nothing
wrong? (you have not used the tab key, so you should not expect any
action from it)

I updated the help:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Editor_Options#Smart_tabs
Hope it is more understandable now.

   if Accept then
   begin

1 2    3    4   5

1 begin of line
2 first word "begin"
3 end of line
4 next word, but 2 lines above (first line long enough)
5 end of line but 2 lines above