[Lazarus] Smart Cut/Paste Spacing of declared variables and contants...

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:41:01 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-20 15:24, Andrew Brunner het geskryf:
> does not adjust the left side.  To be REALLY smart and for
> declarations only, it would cool if the editor could remove some white
> space (if possible) between the end of the last declared variable and
> the colon.

What you are looking for is called "Elastic Tabstops". That feature will
reproduce your expected behaviour exactly.

Website explaining it all:
  http://nickgravgaard.com/elastictabstops/

Mantis feature request:

Search the mailing list archive for 'elastic tabstops'. There is an
extensive discussion about this already. In short, it aligns text in the
same block. Resize the text in that block or before that block, it
automatically adjusts surrounding lines in the same block. The animated gif
in the Elastic Tabstops website shows this nicely.

I unfortunately don't have the expertise to implement it - I tried but
failed. :-(

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/