[Lazarus] Verdict of Lazarus 0.9.29

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Oct 20 16:40:21 CEST 2010

On 20/10/2010 14:49, Mattias Gärtner wrote:

> Yes. OTOH codetools are only for pascal. If we move the codetools
> options to the editor options, it must be made clear that these are
> only for pascal.
> I'm not sure how to do that in an intuitive way.

I still think they need a more prominent place in the editor section...
(or maybe ion both location)

There are 2 feature from codetool people do not find on a regular (imho)
base:
- automatic end
- smart codetool indent

- smart codetool indent, maybe could have a checkbox on the
editor/general page: "codetool/pascal indent" and the link. The checkbox
would be a duplicate of what's on the codetool page. the fine-tuning can
stay on codetools.

- automatic end, currently is hidden between configuring the "hint"
behaviour on the "automatic feature" page.
I am not sure where it would be best placed. IMHO in codetools...

- And if I find time, or someone wants to supply a patch: I believe the
"automatic feature" should be removed completely. The contents
redistributed as follows
-- word-under-caret and bracket-match => Editor / Display / "Highlight
Matches" (or similar name)
-- the entries about editor-hints / debug-hints => either their own page
(maybe codetools) or => editor / misc
-- Auto-remove-empty-methods / add-close-statements-for-pascal => codetools