[Lazarus] Verdict of Lazarus 0.9.29

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Oct 21 00:25:58 CEST 2010

On 10/20/2010 09:12, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2010-10-20 14:52, Martin het geskryf:
>> I updated the help:
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Editor_Options#Smart_tabs
>> Hope it is more understandable now.
>>
>>     if Accept then
>>     begin
>> |
>> 1 2    3    4   5
>>

>> 1 begin of line
>> 2 first word "begin"
>> 3 end of line
>> 4 next word, but 2 lines above (first line long enough)
>> 5 end of line but 2 lines above
>

> Thanks for the info on how it works, but I'll definitely keep that setting
> disabled. I want tabs to have a set indentation of two spaces.

+1 ;)

but i guess this is also why my space bar gets worn out much faster than my tab
key as i have a huge muscle memory function that automatically hits the space
bar twice when necessary :P

> PS:
> I have never seen code indented the way that "smart tab" algorithm works,
> so what's the point of it then.

it is all martian to me... just like cell phones are /phones/... i just use
spaces and get really frustrated with those things that use tabs because tabs
always get different "space counts" depending on whatever... spaces are spaces
are spaces and no one can dispute or complain about readability or formatting
when using spaces for indention all the time ;)

/me ducks back under his old-school rock :mrgreen: