[Lazarus] Apache CGI and dbugintf

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Oct 21 18:40:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to debug a CGI using dbugintf and Lazarus's debugserver
> program with no luck. My debugserver isn't receiving any message.
>
> Do I have to configure something in Apache to enable IPC?
> Should it work With just adding dbugintf and doing some SendDebug?

It depends. If it is under Linux, then the problem is probably that
/tmp/fpcdebugserver
has mode 600 and is owned by you. The CGI runs with Apache server
permissions and cannot write to it.

chmod 666 /tmp/fpcdebugserver

should do it.

I have a fix floating around that addresses this.
(server does the chmod by itself if it is public)

Michael.