[Lazarus] object type: strange behaviour

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 13:14:29 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-22 10:19, Birger Jansen het geskryf:

> I'm converting a project from Delphi to FreePascal. It is a mathematical
> application that uses records with methods.

Side Note:
I still don't get why Borland/Embarcadero did that... records with methods.
MvC hinted that it is because .Net has records with methods. But delphi
Objects do exactly that, and existed since Turbo Pascal days. In terms of
Delphi, what exactly is the difference between a "record with methods" and
a Object?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/