[Lazarus] Dual installation of FPC

Thierry B. thierrybothorel at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 24 10:14:04 CEST 2010

Le 24/10/2010 00:58, patspiper a écrit :

> I tried your method, but had to point to ppc386 in compiler path instead
> of fpc to make it work. But still the IDE complained about not finding
> fpcres, which is usually in the path (/usr/bin).

I forgot about fpcres. If you installed FPC through Debian packages, it
is in "fp-utils". If you only build it in you home directory, then
copy/symlink it in /usr/bin/ from your local freepascal /bin/frcres
directory.

For ppc386 i don't know, it's trange as fpc should detect your platform
and use the right compiler. Here is what I use in one Lazarus setup :

Lazarus directory  :
/home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/lazarus_svn/

Compiler path :
/home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/fpc/2.4.3/bin/fpc

FPC source directory :
/home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/fpc/fpsrc/2.4.3/

Thierry B.