[Lazarus] Dual installation of FPC

patspiper patspiper at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 10:29:15 CEST 2010

On 10/24/2010 11:14 AM, Thierry B. wrote:
> I forgot about fpcres. If you installed FPC through Debian packages, it
> is in "fp-utils". If you only build it in you home directory, then
> copy/symlink it in /usr/bin/ from your local freepascal /bin/frcres
> directory.

Good idea.
Another solution is to create a script which changes the $PATH env
variable and launches lazarus. That way, you will use the utils of the
FPC version in question. On the other hand, Symlinks can become orphaned
once FPC versions are added and deleted.
> For ppc386 i don't know, it's trange as fpc should detect your platform
> and use the right compiler. Here is what I use in one Lazarus setup :
>
> Lazarus directory  :
> /home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/lazarus_svn/
>
> Compiler path :
> /home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/fpc/2.4.3/bin/fpc
>
> FPC source directory :
> /home/thierrybo/Sys/local/opt/fpc/fpsrc/2.4.3/
>
> Thierry B.

I am not sure what's going on, but I have found 2 bugs in the IDE which
could be the partial cause of this havoc: