[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 10:42:18 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-25 10:27, Marco van de Voort het geskryf:

> About 6 dedicated paid people (and a whole bunch more volunteers) to manage
> all the branches and review and administrate each patch to reitegrate all
> the various patches into a few production trees.

Maybe the Linux project was not the best example, because as you say, it
has commercial funding. So rather look at the Git project then. It has many
many branches (though only a select few are made public on a public server
- for end-user convenience). The Git project also has a "stable" branch, an
"experimental branch", a "fixes / maintenance" branch etc. All managed by a
single person (Junio) - not being paid for the job. And that single person
still has time for his own development too.

All I'm saying is, choose the right tool for the job. Not every tool is
good in every situation. So maybe SubVersion is partly to blame for the
workflow issue Juha mentions. Just a though.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/