[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:02:08 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-25 10:43, Michael Van Canneyt het geskryf:

> It's the code review after this/these command(s) that is really time consuming.

I guess this is where the tiOPF project got it right with it's extensive
test suite. Each new feature or fix is accompanied with one or more unit
tests to prove that the patch does what it said it will do. A unit test to
show the issue (the test should fail) is applied first. Then after the
feature/patch is applied, that test should pass (including all the other
previous tests too - obviously).

Unit testing a GUI application is considerably harder (but not impossible),
but testing a framework like LCL is not that difficult.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/