[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:59:51 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-25 11:37, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho het geskryf:
> As Vincent already pointed the real issue is that we need someone to
> do extensive testing and verifying that a revision X (or a branch Y)
> is ready to be released. Testing should involve all platforms and
> check the basic funcionality.

But the point is that with any amount of testing a specific revision will
NEVER be 100%. That is what maintenance releases are for - to fix this
little things that was overlooked. Release quick, release often. The
important bit being that maintenance releases must also happen on a timely
fashion while bugs are detected, or stop when a new full release replaces
it. Maintenance releases, like full releases should not be limited to once
a year.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/