[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:28:20 CEST 2010

On 25/10/2010 10:07, Marco van de Voort wrote:

> The whole point of the others is that the current setup already strains
> resources, specially during release preparation times.

I.e you needed a volunteer to step up and propose himself to do this,
and somebody did. (i.e. Juha, Vincent)

> Maintaining any extra branches (e.g. splitting trunk into "more stable" and
> "less stable") requires a management effort, which is why it is not done.
> (and it could be perfectly done with SVN. It is the work and the management
> that is the problem, not the tool)
>
> Maybe I am misunderstanding the discussion, but that is because all these
> proposals are very vague, rely on workflow of external projects, and the
> people don't seem to have a clue about the current FPC/Lazarus workflow, and
> where the bottlenecks are.

They are vague, because they need to fit all interested peoples' work flows.

They don't rely on work flow of other projects, they take an example from them
- they try to get in whatever-good people invented somewhere else, to benefit our cause.

Is the current workflow described somewhere detailed enough that comments can be made?

Lukasz