[Lazarus] TListView compatibility Delphi <=> Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:35:28 CEST 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:32:59 +0200, Bernd Kreuss
<prof7bit at googlemail.com> wrote:

>On 14.10.2010 11:30, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Unfortunately our firewall does not let svn calls through
>
>You should really tell your boss that if you are supposed to work as a
>software developer you should also be allowed to use the tools that a
>software developer needs and this includes access to the internet
>(including FTP, IRC, NNTP, SVN, CVS and a few more) or you simply won't
>be able to get your *job* done in an efficient manner (or not at all)
>and it will cost a lot more *time* and *money* and even endanger the
>success of the whole project!

I am not assigned to any particular FPC case at my workplace, this is
a project on my free time. But we do work with Delphi a lot at my work
and to go platform-independent is very much in line with my day work,
so I try to collect as much info as I can also during the days.
The particular case of this thread, the use of TListView, is a special
case because we use listviews a *lot* and we have "enhanced" TlistView
by making our own inherited component, which publishes a few often
used properties and methods. Unfortunately this inherited component
does not work in Lazarus because of the incomplete translation of
TListView from Delphi to FPC/Lazarus...

Concerning SVN, we do not use this at all (still on CVSNT), so opening
SVN ports is probably not going to happen...
I had hoped SVN could work on port 80 since it uses http style
locators, but apparently it does not work that way.

Bo Berglund