[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Oct 27 14:13:25 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 20:05 +1100, Alexander Klenin wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 19:43, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> > Redhat still uses CVS, and they're doing just fine with that.
>
> No, they do not.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_git_FAQ_for_package_maintainers
>
> You may be willing to use outdated tools yourself,
> but do not accuse others of doing that ;-)

That's only for about two months. And only for Fedora. Redhat itself is
still converting... So MvC knowledge was a bit outdated, you don't have
to attack him like this on that.

It is nice to see, though, that they have created their own layer around
git, to avoid some of it's pitfalls we discuss here now and then too.

Basically, they use Git as if it was cvs. (No staging and caching.
commit and pull are combined. No feature-branches etc.)

Joost.