[Lazarus] How to produce a tone at Tone frequency for duration, MSecs (milliseconds)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 3 10:56:42 CEST 2010

Am 03.09.2010 10:24, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 09/02/2010 06:42 PM, Peter E Williams wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, but I am using Linux Ubuntu. As someone else made the point, it
>> apparently can only be done if I have root access to write
>> to /dev/console.
> Of course Linux does have a sound subsystem that can be fed with audio
> data by user programs via a decent API: ALSA.
>> I didn't want a component that I need root privileges
>> to run.
> :)

If it is installed... -.-

That's the biggest problem with the Linux distrubtions "ecosystem" in my
opinion (but also one of its strengths): you can't rely on anything.
Some distros don't install this, some don't install that, some enable
setuid on beep (Debian), some don't (ArchLinux). No wonder that those
systems use things like autoconf :P

Regards,
Sven