[Lazarus] fppkg and lazarus packages

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Sep 3 12:01:00 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 11:30 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 3 September 2010 11:08, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> >> ~ $ fppkg install lnet
> >> The FPC Package tool encountered the following error:
> >> [lnet] Package fcl-process <none> is not available
> >> ------------------------------------
> >
> > This has nothing to do with 2.4.3, but that you have your
> > fpc-installation in a non-default path and fpcsrc not set. (guess, it
> > could also be a bug)
> >
> > Please set the prefix in the configuration-file to the right value, but
> > on 2.4.3 it will be called BaseInstallDir. (~/.fppkg/config/default)
> >
> > Then try again.
>
> no luck yet. I did this... environment variables are case sensitive
> under linux, so wasn't sure which one, so set both.
>
> opt $ export FPCSRC=/opt/fpc-2.4.3/src
> opt $ export fpcsrc=/opt/fpc-2.4.3/src

I was wrong, it's FPCDIR. But this is only used when there's no configuration-file.

> opt $ fppkg install lnet
> The FPC Package tool encountered the following error:
> [lnet] Package fcl-process <none> is not available
>

> By config file looks as follows:
>
> ------------------[ ~/.fppkg/config/default ]-------------------------
> [Defaults]
> ConfigVersion=4
> BaseInstallDir=/opt/fpc-2.4.3/x86_64-linux/lib/fpc/2.4.3/
> GlobalInstallDir=/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.4.3/
> LocalInstallDir={LocalRepository}lib/2.4.3/
> Compiler=/opt/fpc-2.4.3/x86_64-linux/bin/fpc
> OS=linux
> CPU=x86_64
> Version=2.4.3
>
> I don't have a GlobalInstallDir, I install FPC to /opt or ~/programming/
> I don't know where LocalInstallDir is pointing to, due to the macro.

As said, update to 2.5.1 and these paths are more logical. But in this
case: set GlobalInstallDir
to /opt/fpc-2.4.3/x86_64-linux/lib/fpc/2.4.3/. Remove the
baseinstalldir.

GlobalInstallDir and LocalInstallDir are the locations where the
installed packages are searched for.

> > If this doesn't work try 'fppkg list -v' and see what happens.
>
> This gives no extra output.
>
> $ fppkg list -v
> Name                 Installed        Available
> lnet                 -                0.6.4-2446

Hmm.. And -d?

> > Yeah, I think it's a better approach to add third-party packages and
> > maybe move some packages from fpc to this third party packages and let
> > the system mature.
> >
> > Then later on we can switch parts of fpc itself.

> PS:
> Why doesn't fppkg use the GetAppConfigDir() location, which would
> normally resolve to ~/.config/fppkg/

It does. Look for ~/.config/fppkg. There you can specify where the
{Localrepository} macro is set to. And since it's a repository and not a
configuration file, it's location is not in .config by default.

Joost.